While baseball season has been under way for awhile, it's only just beginning here at our house. Tyler has started twice weekly games/practices for the local rec center baseball team. It's his first time playing baseball so Shawn's doing a lot of practicing outside in the evenings to help him catch up. I am a combination of cheering squad and prize as the winning boy gets a kiss from me at the end of the game.
We've been talking about going to a baseball game for months now... we can get tickets at our grocery store at a discount and it's a great way to spend a Saturday evening. However, with the heat, sitting outside for hours has not sounded in any way appealing to me, so I've been procrastinating about purchasing tickets.
When the forecast for this week showed a break in the heat wave we've been having (finally!!), Shawn and I decided to stop putting it off. So while I was grocery shopping this weekend, I picked up four tickets for next weekend's game. I made sure to pick a spot in the shade to minimize my whining about how hot it is.
This morning, while we were watching the news, we did indeed see that the weather is taking a turn for the cooler ~ hooray! And on top of that... the rain that we have seen only in slight sprinkles this entire summer (or for as long as I can remember, anyway!), is coming. In fact it's likely going to rain out every baseball game and practice for Tyler this week. And possibly our game on Saturday.
I think I might have jinxed it!
But today, anticipating highs in the 80's and low 90's, I am a happy girl! :)
8 comments:
Uf. Glad to hear you're getting a break from your heat wave! My goodness, I cannot imagine and I know how grumpy I get when we get the muggy weather here. And you being pregnant to boot! Hope your family outing was fun!
Please send some of that rain to Virginia!
Oh man. The heat here is killer. We have a tropical storm lurking, though, which isn't exactly the kind of relief weather I was hoping for.
Enjoy the nice weather!
I am so glad we are getting a break. I have been craving my homemade mac and cheese (which requires an oven). Hopefully, I will sneak it in this week.
The heat here has been in the 90s too. Dogdays...
here is what I do to make it rain - drive through the most expensive car wash in town. Guaranteed rain shower in 24 hours!Cya!
It seemed unreal that it would get so hot in the Denver area. Darn heat! Ugh!
~*
That's the way it goes sometimes. When the Sergeant was home and we were out traveling most days it was hot hot hot. The day he left, a cold front came through. Go figure.
(Unfortunately, the heat is back...I sure do miss air conditioning...)
p.s. I meant to say "Have fun!"...but I hit publish too fast. Oops.
Post a Comment