Gavin wasn't nervous at all! But when you have a big brother to help watch over you that has already been through this tough stuff, that makes it easier I think.
I did Ok, too. I found this message from Tyler when I woke up... a nice surprise from my sometimes grumpy guy who's been denied DS time (video game time) a bit lately and hasn't been my biggest fan because of it!
Shawn and I walked the boys to the bus stop and said goodbye there. Then we ran over to school real quick to make sure everyone got where they needed to be. The school is doing a new Extended Day Kindergarten program this year and when I talked to the director on the phone about it a couple days ago, the conversation didn't end with me feeling very confident about where Gavin needed to be and how he'd get there. I like the idea of him staying at one place the whole day, rather than half the day at his old day care and the other half at school for Kindergarten. But everyone seems so discombobulated there! Regardless it all worked out just fine and Gavin was a champ ~ he didn't cry and neither did I. Not much anyway. ;)
It's so strange to come home to no kids... the house seems so big and empty. It almost feels wrong to be here with them gone.
So instead of moping and being lonely, I started my errands for the day... which have so far included:
* Three loads of laundry
* One load of dishes
* A trip to the grocery store
* Home to unload groceries
* Noticed a neighbor's garage door open, so ran down to shut it
* Off to Target to buy birthday presents for Tyler ~ he turns 7 tomorrow!
* Home to wrap presents
* Upload first day of school photos
* Blog about the day
Now it's 1:30pm and the things on my agenda still are:
* Make cookies (with no nuts in them!) for Tyler to take to school tomorrow
* Finish folding and putting away laundry
* A nap (maybe wishful thinking but I'm pooped!)
* Meet the boys off the bus
* Make dinner
* Baseball game for Tyler tonight
* Watch neighbor's kiddo ~ they won tickets to see a concert ~ sweet!
So though I'm missing my guys... I don't think I'll have time to be too sad about them being gone. Next week, however, when I don't have a birthday to prepare for, it might be a different story. Perhaps I'll be a lady of leisure for a day and spend the entire day with my feet up reading magazines, watching crappy daytime television and eating bon bons ~ or at least leftover homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Mmmm.....
10 comments:
Keeping busy is SO good at solving loneliness.
LOVED the front porch pics but Tyler's message? Wow, he gets some SERIOUS points for THAT.
Nice pictures... and I'm sure you won't get bored. Think of all the books you've been wanting to read but couldn't.
(I can easily read 4-5 hours a day.)
Awww, so sweet. Especially that second photo.
As for you and your rush of errands, aren't you supposed to be pregnant? With twin? And therefore should be resting?
Next week KayTar starts PPCD and it will be so strange to have an empty house, even for only a few hours!
I love mom so much!! AWWW!
Great picture of them walking off...those kind of shots bring tears when they are big(ger)..
Yeah, the first few days always seem so confusing until everyone (teachers and directors included) gets all settled in for the long haul.
Enjoy your Mommy time!
I can well imagine how strange that quiet house feels. That is so cute that he left you that message.
Oh, you! The hand holding picture almost did me in.
Awww! I don't know what is sweeter -- that photo of your boys holding hands or the message Tyler left for his mama. Awww. *sniff*.
My middle one starts kindy in about 10 days. I can't believe it.
Hope you got that nap!
the picture of them holding hands is priceless!
Post a Comment