Shawn's working today, which is actually Ok because he will be taking some days off next weekend and will have some making up to do. So it's going to be a mellow day for the boys and for me. Hopefully tomorrow everyone will be well enough that we can get out and enjoy what's supposed to be a beautiful day!
We've had some cold snowy weather the past few days but I'd been meaning to show you some of my recent gardening efforts and did manage to grab a few shots before the snow came, bent on destroying all my hard work.
This is a perennial from my back yard ~ we have plants surrounding our patio and so far this has been the only one that flowered. I have some Iris's on their way and will try to get some shots once they bloom.
We planted a bunch of seeds in planters a couple weeks ago... here are the babies that are starting to pop up. I forget what I planted where (d'oh!) so I have no idea what these are... I'm not a very good tour guide, am I?
Gavin's working on his green thumb, too. They have been planting things in school ~ the yellow cup holds a sunflower seed which has yet to sprout (I'm feeling pessimistic about this one) and he has some grass that is growing nicely around the corner in a cup.
This picture doesn't do justice to the tulips that are blooming... I never got the daffodils before their blooms wilted, but they were around three in the corner (with the stars). I loved seeing the results of the fall bulbs I planted and am hoping to get a garden full of bulbs in my back yard this fall. Of course I'll be 9 months pregnant or just postnatal at the time, so this may be a lofty ambition!
Shawn got this shot of one of the annuals on my front porch. He is clearly much more talented with the camera than I am... I thought this one was so cool!
This one is from one of the trees in our front yard. This is our first Spring with is but I love the pretty lil white flowers on it!

While we could, we enjoyed playing outside... Gavin's favorite thing right now is his scooter! You can see where (under his left foot) a big chunk is missing from where it got run over in the garage. Oops! Luckily his birthday is coming up next week and Shawn and I have a new Spiderman one picked out for him that I think he's going to love!

Tyler's been playing some basketball lately. He's so tall that I think if he took it up, he might enjoy it and maybe even have a height advantage? He's still scared of the ball, though, which we're working on...

Gavin's having a race with one of the lil boys that goes to his school and happens to live down the street. They had a great time playing together...
******************************************
Thank you for all of your comments on my last post. I appreciate your opinions and am always nervous about sharing my own as they are often controversial or not flowing with societal norms at least. I don't ever want to be offensive to my readers ~ whether they agree or disagree with my thoughts ~ but I'm always afraid I will be, unknowingly.
I do love that we have the freedom to think and feel and hope and dream in our country. I love the idea of embracing our similarities while learning from our differences. So my rambling posts about the things we are passionate about are never meant to sting and I hope they don't.
Happy Weekend :)
I do love that we have the freedom to think and feel and hope and dream in our country. I love the idea of embracing our similarities while learning from our differences. So my rambling posts about the things we are passionate about are never meant to sting and I hope they don't.
Happy Weekend :)


7 comments:
look at those gorgeous photos. love it.
pretty flowers. yesterday, at the "muffins with mom" at MQ's school she said that I am "pretty as a tulip" :)
Beautiful pictures, Amy. Of flowers and boys :)
Hope everyone stays healthy.
Heidi
Whew! Glad everyone is feeling better.
Wishing for you warm days ahead!
oh, love the bloomings!
Beautiful pictures and boys! I'm the same way - always snapping pictures of some flowers after that long dreaded WHITE winter!
Glad you are all on the up and up!
I have just spent all day in my yard. Though I don't have any flowers to brag about I can proudly say that all my weeds are gone. You have inspired me to fill those empty spots with colorful fowers... maybe in a few days when I've regained my energy. =)
Post a Comment